Saturday, November 20, 2010

A few albums I need to pick up:

This is just a short list of a few albums I've been meaning to pick up, or want to purchase upon their release.

Kevin Hufnagel: Songs for the Disappeared
This album is amazing. Fans of Dysrhythmia know Kevin's work well. This solo album features layer upon layer upon layer of classical and acoustic guitar. He often employs his guitars to fashion a percussive sound, which I find musically very interesting.





Art Zoyd: Nosferatu
It's Art Zoyd, need I say more? This 1988 album, like other Art Zoyd albums, is a musical score meant to accompany a film; in this case, F. W. Murnau's Nosferatu. Art Zoyd's album written to accompany Faust is one of my favorite pieces of music.





Gorguts: Yet to be released:
This new incarnation of Gorguts features founder Luc Lemay, and amazingly inducted two of my favorite musicians, Colin Marston and the aforementioned Kevin Hufnagel. This audio is just a teaser montage. I especially love the clip from 4:15 to the end. I feel this section perfectly showcases each musician's individual voice, yet they manage to perfectly complement eachother and form one higher voice. This is something, in my opinion, few "supergroups" are ever able to pull off.





Kevin Ayers: The Joy of a Toy

I really enjoy some of the tracks off of this album.

No comments:

Post a Comment